I'm pretty sure you have had bulgogi when eating out at Korean restaurants - so this flavour shouldn't be a stranger to you.
However, bulgogi kimchi pasta is hardly heard of, and it's unlikely that you can get it in restaurants too. So, we've got a sweet bulgogi kimchi pasta recipe just for you! It's perfect for both family meals and if you're cooking just for one, especially if you want something different from your usual dinner meals.
One tip is to add a little pasta water into the pan when adding your pasta to the bulgogi. This really helps in emulsifying the sauce from the bulgogi marinade, making it easier for your sauce to cling onto the pasta. This way, your pasta sauce is perfectly combined with your pasta and you'll have a flavourful bite every time.
BULGOGI KIMCHI PASTA
- 3/4 cup kimchi
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 200g thinly-sliced beef
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/8 apple, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp Gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- 300g pasta, cooked til al dente
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- Spring onion, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
- Combine the beef with the soy sauce, Mirin, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, apple, salt, pepper and Gochujang. Mix well and set aside.
- Sauté onions in frying pan over medium heat to get a nice char. Once onions are slightly translucent, add the kimchi and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the marinated beef and sauté till almost cooked through. The beef will continue to cook after the pasta is added.
- Add the cooked pasta and the pasta water. Keep tossing the pasta over medium heat until the sauce combines with the noodles.
- To serve, sprinkle the chopped spring onion and sesame seeds on top.
And there you have it, a hearty, mouth-watering fusion dish that is certain to win your heart over!
Do give this recipe a try! Share it with us on Instagram if you do, and good luck!
Get your JIN Kimchi here!