Kimchi is one of those superfoods that is really beneficial to your health! It should come as no surprise that kimchi works great in a sandwich with loads of gooey melting cheese!
If you don't want to spend too much time cooking or just want to make a quick brunch. This is literally the simplest sandwich to make! In less than 15 minutes, you'll be biting into this melty Kimchi Grilled Cheese Toast.
Let’s get started!
KIMCHI GRILLED CHEESE TOAST (FOR 1 SERVING)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup JIN kimchi
- 2 pieces of Italian bread
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 slices American cheese
- Add kimchi to a small bowl and use kitchen shears to cut into small pieces
- Butter both sides of each slice of bread
- Head oil on a medium nonstick skillet / pan over medium-high heat. Add kimchi and cook until softened, about 2-3mins. Add sugar and cook for another minute and stir to incorporate. Transfer kimchi to bowl and wipe out skillet with kitchen tissue.
- Turn the heat to medium and add both slices of butter bread to skillet. Cook until golden brown then flip.
- Add cheddar cheese on one slice and place 2 American cheese on another slice. Cook until cheese starts to melt and underside of bread begins to turn golden.
- Add kimchi on the American cheese side and sandwich the slices of bread together. Cook until cheese is goey and fully melted and bread is well toasted.
- Transfer to cutting board and cut in half.
Do try it out and share it with us by tagging us on our Instagram! We're excited to see all of your creations! Good luck, and hope that you all are still staying safe!